Client Interview: Steve Horrell of Horrell Company
Updated: May 13
Steve Horrell, President of Horrell Company was kind enough to recently offer feedback on his organization's experience working with HailSolve.
1. How did HailSolve increase your awareness and knowledge of latent hail damage? Was this something you were familiar with before working with them?
"We had never filed a claim before and while very familiar with roofing systems were not aware of how latent hail damage could negatively our portfolio. HailSolve identified that several of our properties were located in corridors with significant hail activity."
2. Were you initially skeptical of HailSolve’s offering? What was your opinion after working with the company?
"Yes, I was absolutely skeptical at first. In fact, one member of our management team said it was too good to be true."
"I can’t imagine anyone doing a better job than what they’ve done for us."
3. Did you have any insurance-related concerns? How did HailSolve resolve any insurance-related concerns that you had? Did these concerns come to fruition?
"No, luckily we have a big enough insurance package and very few claims over the years so we were not concerned."
4. During the restoration process, how easy was it to work with HailSolve? What was the experience of them communicating with your team, tenants, carriers, and other parties?
"Seamless is the best way to describe the experience. HailSolve kept our team and the tenants informed of what what happening, when to anticipate any disruptions. It was just done beautifully."
5. How much work was required of you and your team?
6. Summarize your level of satisfaction with HailSolve after the work was completed (settlement amount, restoration of building etc.). How did their services benefit your organization and portfolio?
"I can’t say enough good things about the experience we had from beginning to end. We had three claims that took place, one which was settled on very quickly and several others in which the carrier did not recognize the damage. HailSolve managed the entire process, guiding us through every step, working with the carrier and we just recently received a settlement that took two years but was well worth the wait. Our total settlement was over $1.8 million dollars."
7. What would you say to other investors considering working with HailSolve?
"I would tell other investors that are in hail prone areas to have HailSolve look at their properties."
8. Is there anything else you would like to say about your experience with HailSolve?
"I appreciate the way they do business. I’ve been doing this for 48 years, it’s a long time. I can’t imagine anyone doing a better job than what they’ve done for us."
About Horrell Company
Horrell Company, a commercial real estate firm with 60 years of experience, specializes in real estate brokerage services in leasing and sales, tenant representation, property management, development consulting, and acquisitions for commercial and investment properties in Nashville and throughout the Middle Tennessee market.